Privacy notice – job applicant
Your privacy is important for us.
All personal data that we obtain in the context of our interactions with you as a job applicant of EMPWR BV or its affiliated entities (“EMPWR”), will be collected and processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”).
This privacy notice explains why and how we collect your personal data, the measures we take to protect your data and how long we retain your data.
The GDPR also grants you certain rights as a data subject.
1. Identity and contact details
The data controller for your personal data is one or more of the following legal entities within the EMPWR group of companies:
Blue Tower 2
Sluisweg 2, bus 11
Enterprise number 0741.604.887
Grosse Reichenstrasse 27,
|Atlantic Aminolabs Croatia D.O.O.
Trg kralja Tomislava 1
35400 Nova Gradiška
Enterprise number MBS 080090941
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can always contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or by letter to the postal address of EMPWR BV mentioned above (attn. Privacy).
2. Purpose and legal basis
For our recruitment purposes, we process your personal data because it allows us to process and consider your application and to maintain a database of potential job applicants.
The legal basis for this processing is the (express) consent that you have given by submitting to us your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes (art. 6, §1, (a) GDPR). We will only store your personal data in our database for future purposes if you have explicitly consented hereto (art. 6, §1, (a) GDPR).
3. Categories of personal data
For recruitment purposes, we may collect and process the following personal data:
- personal identification data (name, e-mail address, and telephone number)
- education and training (academic curriculum, professional experience and competence and memberships, as may be included in your resume)
- employment data (current employment and recruitment)
- the way you found out about the vacancy as well as any other information that you provide to us, e.g. in your cover letter or resume
- other information provided in your resume (such as, birth date, civil state, family situation, picture) and in correspondence with us.
4. Source of personal data
We always obtain this personal data directly from you or from references that you may have included in your resume.
5. Recipients of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above, we may have to provide your personal data to local EMPWR affiliates and our HR-partners. Third parties with whom we work together for data management purposes (IT, cloud, software and other service providers) may also have access to your personal data.
6. Transfer of personal data
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area without appropriate safeguards.
7. Retention period
We will delete or anonymize your personal data 1 year after including you in our candidates’ database / adopting a non-hiring decision.
In case of a dispute or procedure before a court or similar judicial entity, we will delete or anonymize your personal data relating to this dispute or procedure 5 years after the termination of the dispute or procedure (plus a verification period of 6 months).
We reserve the right to continue storing your personal data if a legal obligation or legitimate interest requires us to retain your personal data longer.
You can always contact us if you would like to:
- request access to or rectification of your personal data.
- request erasure of your personal data.
- request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- withdraw your consent.
- send us a complaint if you consider that we are not acting in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. You can also introduce a complaint with the supervisory authority.
The aforementioned rights can be exercised by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by letter to the postal address mentioned under point 1 for EMPWR BV, accompanied by a copy of your ID card. Please remove the national registration number when providing us with such copy. We will grant you all rights to which you are entitled in accordance with the applicable regulations.
Please also inform us when your personal data is not accurate or no longer up-to-date.
9. Automated decision-making
We do not engage in automated decision-making, including profiling.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data and protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
This privacy notice may be amended from time to time within the boundaries of applicable data protection legislation. You will always have access to the most current version via the website.